FORCE INTELLIGENCE BUREAU (FIB)
FIB is the apex of intelligence gathering in the Force. It is the only arm of the Force that provides Intelligence on Crime and National Security. The current head of the bureau is AIG Solomon Arase, fdc.
Its Functions are:
1. Collection, collation, assessment/evaluation and dissemination of Criminal Intelligence affecting the activities of criminals with particular reference to organized crimes.
2. To serve as a think-tank or reservoir for information on identification of criminals, exchange of information, keeping of criminal records.
3. Identify criminal syndicates carrying out criminal activities using gangster techniques.
4. Disseminate criminal intelligence to various police formations on a continuous basis.
5. Maintain surveillance on organized gangs, Identify members, associates, daily activities and method of operation.
6. Maintain a system of criminal intelligence on itinerant hardened criminals who specializes in cross border banditry.
7. Maintain intelligence on individuals and organizations of security interest.