- PRESS RELEASE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE DEPLOYS POLICE SPECIAL TACTICAL FORCE TO ZAKI-BIAM AND OTHER TROUBLED SPOTS/ FLASH POINTS, BENUE STATE TO RESTORE LASTING PEACE AND PREVENT FURTHER LOSS OF LIVES.
- To achieve success of the operations, the Police Special Tactical Force will be proactive, work on actionable intelligence already at the disposal of the Nigeria Police Force, and carry out massive deployment, and twenty four (24) hours surveillance and patrol, continuous raids of identified and other suspected hideouts of the assailants, with a view to arrest promptly the attackers and their sponsors to prevent further loss of lives and nip in the bud the senseless killings and other criminalities in the general area. The deployment of the Police Special Tactical Force personnel will cover all the communities, towns, villages, vulnerable points, Government and private infrastructures and facilities in the area. Police helicopters will embark on guided missions and aerial surveillance of the entire area, most especially difficult terrains and will operate in synergy with other Police formations on the ground.
- The Joint Investigation Team attached to the Police Special Tactical Force is made up Personnel of Force Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department, FSARS, SIP, Intelligence Response Team, Technical Intelligence Unit and Special Tactical Squad headed by an experienced Commissioner of Police under the supervision of Deputy Inspector General of Police (FCIID) are already in Zaki Biam and are making progress in the investigation into the killings of innocent people that occurred on Monday 20th March, 2017.
- The Inspector General of Police hereby urges traditional rulers, religious leaders, public office holders, politicians, opinion leaders, parents and guardians to prevail on their subjects and the youths to exercise restraint and support the personnel of the Police Special Tactical Force in the discharge of their responsibilities to bring the perpetrators of this gruesome killings to justice.
- The Nigeria Police Force is assuring the good people of Benue State of the renewed commitment of the Force to guarantee and sustain the protection of their lives and properties and hereby enjoin them to allow justice and peace to prevail and also cooperate with the personnel of the Police Special Tactical Force deployed in their localities.
Worried by the killings of innocent people by invading unknown gunmen at Zaki Biam in Benue State on 20th March 2017 and destruction of properties worth Millions of Naira, the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, has deployed Police Special Tactical Force, comprising Police Mobile Force (PMF specially trained Anti Riot Policemen), Counter Terrorism Units, Conventional Policemen, Special Anti Robbery Squad, SIB, detachment of EOD, Police K9 (Sniffer Dogs Section), Police Air wing (Aerial Surveillance Helicopters) and other undercover operatives with their Headquarters in Zaki Biam, Ukum LGA, Benue State. The Police Special Tactical Force is led by the Commissioner of Police in charge of PMF, Force Headquarters, Abuja under the supervision of Deputy Inspector General of Police, Department of Operations.
CSP JIMOH O. MOSHOOD
Force Public Relations Officers