- PRESS BRIEFING PARADE OF A NOTORIOUS FRAUDSTERS SYNDICATE THAT SPECIALIZED IN IMPERSONATION AND IDENTITY THEFT OF PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS, POLITICIANS, CAPTAINS OF INDUSTRY AND OTHER PROMINENT PERSONALITIES AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA BY CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD, FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA ON 30TH OF MARCH, 2017
- High Chief Ovie Ogo (Eze Ireoma of Omoku-Rivers state) ‘M’ 47 years old native of Ekpan in Ethiope East LGA of Delta state
- Abdullazeez Eragbe ‘M’ 40 years native of Ikabigbo in Esako West LGA of Edo State.
- Samuel Idah ‘M’ 25 years old native of Uromi, Esan North - East LGA of Edo State.
- Prince Attah a.k.a Maurice (based in United Kingdom) at large.
- Fourteen (14) assorted G.S.M sets, all with sim cards registered with the names of top Government officials and other prominent Nigerians.
- Several extra registered sim cards
- On 28/03/2017 the Intelligence Response Team (IRT) on the of cracked and arrested these notorious suspected criminals who posed as chief of staff to President, Senate President, National Security Adviser to President, Minister of petroleum, Minister of Finance, Minister of Transport, Chief Bola Tinubu, and many other prominent Nigerians.
- High Chief Ovie Ogo (Eze Ireoma of Omoku-Rivers state) 47yrs native of Omoku Rivers State who impersonates Prominent Citizens from the South-South and Southeast.
- Abdulazeez Eragbe 40yrs impersonates prominent citizens from the North, born and brought up in Kaduna speaks Hausa fluently.
- Samuel Idah 25yrs who supplies them with Sim cards registered with the names of the prominent Citizens.
- All the suspects confessed to the crime admitting to have impersonated several prominent citizens and made over Twenty Million Naira (₦20,000,000) from their Criminal acts within the last six (6) months before they were arrested:
- Chief Ovie Ogo further confessed that he posed as the National Security Adviser and collected thirteen Million Naira (₦13,000,000) from a Ghanaian who wants to get an Oil block in Nigeria.
- The gang also posed as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and collected four Million Naira (₦4,000,000) from one man name withheld, who is seeking for Federal appointment.
- The suspects again posed as the Chief of Staff to president and collected Seven Hundred Thousand Naira (₦700,000) from one young man name withheld, who is also seeking for Federal appointment.
- Investigation is being intensified to arrest the other suspects at large while those arrested will be charged to court on completion of investigation.
- The general public is advised to be careful and verify the identity of whosoever they may wish to transact business or relate with.
Gentlemen of the Press, you are welcome to today’s press briefing. The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, concerned with complaints from the members of public on the illegal activities of some notorious criminals who impersonate eminent personalities in the country and dispossessed them of their hard earned valuables, directed IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) to unravel those behind the heinous and dastard act and bring them to justice.
iii. Babatunde Oshamoto ‘M’ 49 years native of Iyamoye, Ijumu LGA of Kogi State.
iii. A diary containing phone numbers of several top government officials and prominent persons in the country
In a coordinated operation in synergy with the Technical Intelligence Unit (TIU) after a painstaking and sustained surveillance by IRT the above mentioned suspects were arrested. The four man gang notorious syndicate led by one High Chief Ovie Ogo ( Eze Ireoma of Omoku-Rivers state) was arrested in an Hotel in Kaduna State.
iii. Babatunde Oshamoto 49yrs impersonates prominent citizens from the South West and North Central.
iii. They equally posed as Chief of Staff to the President and collected Two Million Five Hundred Thousand naira (₦2,500,000) from another individual, who is looking for contract.