- INVITATION TO ATTEND THE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON KIDNAPPING, FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, VIOLENT CRIMES AND OTHER FORMS OF CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA.
- Against this background, it has become necessary for Nigerians to converge and explore solutions to curbing, if not eliminating, this unfortunate trend and restoring peace and security, conversely the confidence of citizens in the security agencies of the country.
- To this extent the Office of the Inspector General of Police in conjunction with the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria and LEADERSHIP Newspapers Group has decided to convene a National Summit that will create a platform for all relevant stakeholders to come together and engage in an open discourse to deliberate and come up with appropriate, implementable and enduring solutions to these security threats in the country.
- I am therefore pleased to have the honour and privilege to invite you to this National Summit in recognition of your experience in national socio-economic and community development matters as it also relates to sustainable peace and security challenges in the polity.
- The Summit will be declared open with a Keynote Address by H.E. Muhammadu Buhari, President and Commander-in-Chief, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- As I look forward to your support and participation at the summit, please accept the assurances of my highest esteem and consideration.
In recent times, violent crimes, including kidnapping for ransom, recurring farmers-herders clashes in some states of the Federation have assumed an alarming dimension in terms of loss of lives and property. These criminal activities have adversely affected economic activities especially agricultural productivity which is the mainstay of the nation’s drive towards a diversified economy; needless to add the negative impact on the psyche of Nigerians.
The Summit shall hold as follows:
Date: 11th and 12th May, 2017
Venue: International Conference Centre, Abuja.
Lead Theme of the Summit is:
“FORGING PARTNERSHIPS FOR EFFECTIVE STRATEGIES TO CURB THE MENACE OF KIDNAPPING, RECURRING FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES AND CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA”.
CSP JIMOH O. MOSHOOD
Force Public Relations Officers