- PRESS BRIEFING PARADE OF SUSPECTED VICIOUS AND NOTORIOUS KIDNAPPING/ARMED ROBBERY GANGS, TERRORIZING BIRNIN GWARI – FUNTUA, BIRNIN GWARI – KADUNA, ABUJA- KADUNA AND KADUNA – KANO HIGHWAYS BY CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, ON 4TH OCTOBER, 2017, AT JERE DIVISIONAL HEADQUARTERS, KADUNA STATE
1. HASSAN IBRAHIM 'M' 40YRS – Gang Leader (A brand new AK47 Rifle was recovered from him)
2. LUKMAN JUBRIN 'M' 24YEARS
3. YAHAYA SAIBU 'M' 25 YEARS
4. VICTOR ABILA 28YRS
5. LIKITA UMAR 'M' 27 YEARS
6. ABDULAHI HARUNA 'M' 25YEARS
7. USMAN MARAFA 'M' 31YRS
8. BELLO ABDULLAHI 'M' 29YRS (One AK47 Rifle was recovered from him and another one from his gang).
9. ABDULMUMUN ALHAJI 'M' 27YRS
10. BALA MOHAMMED 'M' 30YRS
11. ABUBAKAR MOHAMMED 'M'
1. Three (3) Ak47 Rifles
2. Seventy two (72) round of AK 47 Ammunition
2. Three (3) locally made Guns
3. Cutlasses, Charms and Sticks.
VICTIMS: There were Four (4) victims rescued, three men and one woman.
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni extended last month the mandate and Area of Responsibilities of Operations Absolute Sanity to cover Birnin Gwari – Funtua, Birnin Gwari – Kaduna and Kaduna – Kano Highways to respond to the recent occurrence of cases of kidnapping and armed robbery on the mentioned roads.
2. Consequently, the above mentioned suspects were arrested in the act during an operation that lasted several hours in the identified kidnap dens, camps and hideouts along Birnin Gwari – Funtua, Birnin Gwari – Kaduna and Kaduna – Kano Highways.
3. The eleven (11) suspects arrested during interrogation confessed to the crimes and admitted to have carried out several kidnappings/armed robberies attacks on innocent travelers on Birnin Gwari – Funtua and Birnin Gwari -Kaduna and Kaduna - Kano roads in recent times.
Four (4) victims comprising three (3) men and a woman were rescued from them alive and unhurt during the operation without payment of ransom. They will be arraigned in court on completion of investigation.
4. While appreciating the supports of the members of the public in the successes being showcased today, the renewed commitment of the Nigeria Police Force to prevent and detect crimes, most especially violent crimes such as kidnapping and armed robbery throughout the country remained unwavering and unequivocal.
CSP JIMOH O. MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER