Department of Operations
The Department of Operations is central to all Police operational activities in Nigeria especially in the areas of crime prevention and maintenance of law and order.
It is headed by DIG JOSHAK HABILA, psc(+).
The Department has the following sections to actualise its mandates:
- Department of Operations Administration
It is include directing, supervising and coordinating of the sections in the department and are made up of:
a. Secret Registry
b. Confidential Registry
c. Open Registry
These arms of the section ensure that all the force orders, directives and regulations are fully adhere to.
- Department of Federal Operations
- Force Veterinary Section
- Border Patrol Section
- Police Mobile Force
- Explosive Ordinace Disposal Unit
- Force Police Airwing
- Force Dog Section
- Force Mounted Troop
- Force Armaments Section
- Counter-Terrorism Unit (CTU)
- Force Transport Section
- Directorate of Peacekeeping Operations
- National Inland Waterways
- Central Motor Registry (CMR)
- Force Marine Section
- Special Protection Unit (SPU)
- INEC Liason Unit.
- WELCOME ADDRESS DELIVERED BY THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, IGP IBRAHIM KPOTUN IDRIS, NPM, MNI, DURING THE OPENING CEREMONY OF 2017 NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON FARMERS-PASTORALIST CLASHES, KIDNAPPING AND OTHER FORMS OF VIOLENT CRIMES AND BANK SECURITY IN NIGERIA. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE POLICE HELICOPTERS HOVERING AND RAPPELLING TO RESCUE EXERCISE AT THE 2017 NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT HOLDING AT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTRE (ICC), ABUJA ON 11TH AND 12TH MAY 2017. Read more
- INVITATION TO ATTEND THE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON KIDNAPPING, FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, VIOLENT CRIMES AND OTHER FORMS OF CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON RECURRING FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, KIDNAPPING AND OTHER FORMS OF VIOLENT CRIMES IN NIGERIA ORGANIZED BY OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF POLICE, NATIONAL COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS OF NIGERIA AND THE LEADERSHIP NEWSPAPERS GROUP Read more