Department of Operations
The Department of Operations is central to all Police operational activities in Nigeria especially in the areas of crime prevention and maintenance of law and order.
It is headed by DIG JOSHAK HABILA, psc(+).
The Department has the following sections to actualise its mandates:
- Department of Operations Administration
It is include directing, supervising and coordinating of the sections in the department and are made up of:
a. Secret Registry
b. Confidential Registry
c. Open Registry
These arms of the section ensure that all the force orders, directives and regulations are fully adhere to.
- Department of Federal Operations
- Force Veterinary Section
- Border Patrol Section
- Police Mobile Force
- Explosive Ordinace Disposal Unit
- Force Police Airwing
- Force Dog Section
- Force Mounted Troop
- Force Armaments Section
- Counter-Terrorism Unit (CTU)
- Force Transport Section
- Directorate of Peacekeeping Operations
- National Inland Waterways
- Central Motor Registry (CMR)
- Force Marine Section
- Special Protection Unit (SPU)
- INEC Liason Unit.
- PRESS RELEASE RE- VILLA POLICEMEN PROTEST UNPAID ALLOWANCES SINCE 2015 Read more
- PRESS RELEASE NATIONWIDE OPERATION TO CURB THE PROLIFERATION OF PROHIBITED FIREARMS AND ILLEGAL WEAPONS Read more
- PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT ORDERS IGP TO MOVE TO BENUE STATE TO RESTORE LAW AND ORDER AND PREVENT FURTHER LOSS OF LIVES AND ATTACKS IN GUMA AND LOGO LGAS OF THE STATE Read more
- PRESS RELEASE RE: RECENT KILLINGS IN GUMA AND LOGO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS IN BENUE STATE AND CROSS OVER NIGHT KILLINGS IN OMOKU AND YESTERDAY KILLINGS IN ANDONI RIVERS STATE Read more