TERRORISIM AND EXPLOSIVE DEVICES
Terrorists are not spirits or super humans. They mingle with the community and use the citizens as cover. They can be identified by their conduct and mode of life. When suspicious of any' person, report immediately to the local police.
- If you find any object suspected to be an explosive device, do not attempt to remove it. Immediately evacuate the locality and call the police.
- Remember terrorism has nothing to do with religion, ethnioity or gender. So avoid unwittingly helping the cause of terrorists by seeing them from such erroneous lenses.
- Defeating terrorism requires the resolve of allcitizens. Remember, the price of liberty is eternal "Vigilance."
SEE (RECOGNISE SIGN OF A BOMB)
- He or she usually demonstrate the following traits an habit
- Alone and nervous.
- Loose or bulky clothing, inappropriate for weather.
- Exposed wires/and or eyes appearing to be unaware surroundings.
- Rigid mid-section. May indicate hidden rifle or bomb.
- Tightened hands or hands kept in pockets. May indicate clenching a detonation device.
INFORMATION ON EXPLOSIVE PLACEMENT AND USE
- Improvise Explosive Device (lED) can be hidden in bags of various types to resemble trash along the roadways.
- Secondary IEDs may be placed in locations away from the firs explosion in an attempt to engender higher casualties.
- Small IEDs like soda cans be thrown by suspects as they flee the area.
- After explosion, attackers may use other IEDs or gun fire to continue the attack.
- Car bombs can be used to attack compounds or building to cause large causalities.
- Sometimes, suicide vests are worn by the drivers of the CAR BOMBS.
- IEDs can be placed anywhere. They can be found inside and outside buildings, parking lots, by the side of roads or open fields.
- Metal containers of various types are used: Low pressure gas cylinders, cooking oil containers, powdered milk containers an large barrels.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM SUICIDE BOMBERS AND CAR BOMBS
Recognize the potential signs of a Car Bomb and Suicide Bomber
- Get clear ofthe area
- Alert other people
CALL FOR HELP
- Contact the police or other security agencies
SEE (RECOGNISE SIGN OF A BOMB) VEHICLE BORNE IEDS (VBIED)
The VBIED comes in all shapes, colors and sizes. From a simple passenger car, to a large delivery or sewage truck (sedans are most often used).
Drive erratically; drive too slow or too fast.
Ignore orders to stop or try to circumvent a security checkpoint.
Attempt to manoeuver too close to friendly assets.
- Wear inappropriate dress for the environment
- Alert the people
- Raised Alarm
- Move the people to a safe distance from the bomb
- Secure the area
- Do not allow anyone near suspected car bomb
- Contact the police
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A BOMB EXPLOSION
The common tendency is for citizens to get attracted and to gather around scene of bomb explosion. This exposes citizens to high possibility of being victims of secondary explosion which may lead to more casualties.
- Move away as quickly as possible from the scene
- Immediately contact the police or other security agencies;
- Avoid milling round the scene;
- Clear from all access roads to the scene to enable security and emergency response team access to the scene for rescue operations;
- Do not tamper with any object at or around the scene
LISTEN AND OBEY ALL EMERGENCY SAFETY INSTRUCTION FROM THE POLICE
- BRIEF REMARKS BY AG. IGP MOHAMMED A. ADAMU, NPM, MNI, THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE DURING DECORATION OF NEWLY PROMOTED DEPUTY INSPECTORS GENERAL OF POLICE AND MEMBERS OF THE FORCE MANAGEMENT TEAM ON 4TH FEBRUARY 2019 Read more
- IGP APPOINTS NEW FORCE PRO Read more
- BRIEF REMARKS BY AG. IGP ABUBAKAR ADAMU MOHAMMED,MNI AT THE HANDING OVER CEREMONY HELD ON 16TH JANUARY, 2019 AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA. Read more
- ASSUMPTION OF DUTY OF ACTING INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, AG. IGP MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR ADAMU,NPM,MNI Read more