Zone 12 police command located in the North-Eastern Geo-political zone of Nigeria is comprises of Bauchi, Borno and Yobe state commands. As at the time of putting up this report, the zone was headed by AIG Mohammed J. Gana, fdc. The entire zone has a population of about 14,149,249 based on the 2006 census figure and combined police strength of 14,314 Officers and Men.
Bauchi state according to 2006 National population census figure has an estimated population of 5,676,465 covering the 19 Local Government Areas with staff strength of 3,500 police officers while
Borno has an estimated population of 5,151,193 covering the 27 Local Government Areas and a staff strength 6,456 police officers.
Yobe state Command, has an estimated population of 3,321,591 covering 17 local government areas and staff strength of 4,022 police officers.
In the year under review, remarkable achievements were recorded in areas of crime prevention, effective supervision of state as well as reducing the rate of corruption and corrupt practices among officers and men within the commands. Also, tremendous improvements were recorded in the area of security of the command and other Government installations, commitment of officers and men to duty and improved level of alertness through serious observations and monitoring of activities of the commands under the zone 12 Headquarters.
* Inadequacy of Operational Vehicles
* Lack of Generating sets
* Inadequacy of Office Furniture
* Lack of bullet proof jackets
* Lack of official cars for the unit
* Insufficiency of funds
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 12 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, BAUCHI, 2012
|S/No||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN -DEC) 2012|
- SHIFT IN DATE OF CONVENING OF THE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON KIDNAPPING, FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, VIOLENT CRIMES AND OTHER FORMS OF CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA: Read more
- SUDDEN DEMISE OF CP FRANCIS MOBOLAJI ODESANYA Read more
- IGP APPOINTS CSP JIMOH O. MOSHOOD AS THE SUBSTANTIVE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (FPRO) Read more
- PRESS RELEASE ARREST OF NOTORIOUS KIDNAPPERS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE KIDNAP FOR RANSOM GANG RESPONSIBLE FOR THE KIDNAP OF FIVE (5) TURKISH SCHOOL CHILDREN AND THREE (3) MEMBERS OF STAFF AND RECOVERY OF ONE MILLION TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA RANSOM MONEY Read more