Zone 12 police command located in the North-Eastern Geo-political zone of Nigeria is comprises of Bauchi, Borno and Yobe state commands. As at the time of putting up this report, the zone was headed by AIG Mohammed J. Gana, fdc. The entire zone has a population of about 14,149,249 based on the 2006 census figure and combined police strength of 14,314 Officers and Men.
Bauchi state according to 2006 National population census figure has an estimated population of 5,676,465 covering the 19 Local Government Areas with staff strength of 3,500 police officers while
Borno has an estimated population of 5,151,193 covering the 27 Local Government Areas and a staff strength 6,456 police officers.
Yobe state Command, has an estimated population of 3,321,591 covering 17 local government areas and staff strength of 4,022 police officers.
In the year under review, remarkable achievements were recorded in areas of crime prevention, effective supervision of state as well as reducing the rate of corruption and corrupt practices among officers and men within the commands. Also, tremendous improvements were recorded in the area of security of the command and other Government installations, commitment of officers and men to duty and improved level of alertness through serious observations and monitoring of activities of the commands under the zone 12 Headquarters.
* Inadequacy of Operational Vehicles
* Lack of Generating sets
* Inadequacy of Office Furniture
* Lack of bullet proof jackets
* Lack of official cars for the unit
* Insufficiency of funds
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 12 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, BAUCHI, 2012
|S/No||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN -DEC) 2012|
- WELCOME ADDRESS DELIVERED BY THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, IGP IBRAHIM KPOTUN IDRIS, NPM, MNI, DURING THE OPENING CEREMONY OF 2017 NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON FARMERS-PASTORALIST CLASHES, KIDNAPPING AND OTHER FORMS OF VIOLENT CRIMES AND BANK SECURITY IN NIGERIA. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE POLICE HELICOPTERS HOVERING AND RAPPELLING TO RESCUE EXERCISE AT THE 2017 NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT HOLDING AT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTRE (ICC), ABUJA ON 11TH AND 12TH MAY 2017. Read more
- INVITATION TO ATTEND THE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON KIDNAPPING, FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, VIOLENT CRIMES AND OTHER FORMS OF CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON RECURRING FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, KIDNAPPING AND OTHER FORMS OF VIOLENT CRIMES IN NIGERIA ORGANIZED BY OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF POLICE, NATIONAL COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS OF NIGERIA AND THE LEADERSHIP NEWSPAPERS GROUP Read more