Zone 2 Police Command located in the South-western geopolitical zone of Nigeria Comprises of Lagos and Ogun states. As at the time of collating this report, the zone was headed by AIG. Mbu Joseph Mbu. The entire zone has a Population of about 12,741,632 based on the 2006 population Census figures and combined police strength of 67,757 officers and men.
Lagos state according to the 2006 National population census figure has an estimated population of about 9,013,534 covering the 20 local government areas with a staff Strength of 29,122 Police Officers. Ogun state has an estimated population of 3,728,089. According to the 2006 Population census figure and staff strength of about 7,107 Police Officers.
In the year under review, Lagos State Police Command developed an intelligence driven crime combating Strategy under the mission Statement captioned "Zero level tolerance for crime", poised to rid the state of criminal elements and criminality and formulate strategies for better proactive & more effective policing. This strategy so formulated also measures the command’s existing state of security and cushions the vehicular patrol system while also strengthens the pin-down points particularly of border towns to withstand the sophistication of criminal activities being perpetrated. In the same vein, information technology training programmes was put in place to enable officers and men meet up with the current trend in the world and bring crime to its barest minimum.
Ogun state arrested 2,183 Suspects out of which 333 were Armed Robbery Suspects. In the same vein, the following items were recovered; 146 assorted rifles, 3,939 assorted ammunition, 246 vehicles of various models and the sum of ₦131,602,502 worth of property. Generally zone 2 area command experienced a great level of tranquility throughout the year under review.
* Insufficient fund
* Lack of electricity
* Insufficient Operational Vehicles
* Lack of barrack accommodation
* Lack of medical facilities and shortage of medical staff and drugs
* Shortage of Kit
* Lack of Arms & ammunitions
* Lack of bullet proof Jackets
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 2 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, LAGOS 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
NOTE: The above represent manpower wastage for ONLY ZONE 2 Command Headquarters excluding constituent command being Lagos and Ogun police state commands.
- PRESS BRIEFING PARADE OF PROHIBITED FIREARMS, ILLEGAL WEAPONS AND LOCALLY FABRICATED LETHAL DEVICES RECOVERED IN THE ONGOING MOP-UP OF FIREARMS/ILLEGAL WEAPONS BY THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS JOINT TASK ENFORCEMENT TEAM; BY THE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, ACP JIMOH MOSHOOD AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA ON 9TH APRIL, 2018. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE HAS ORDERED DEPLOYMENT OF THREE (3) POLICE MOBILE FORCE UNITS, HIGH POWERED POLICE INVESTIGATION TEAM, ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER (APC) TO KWARA STATE AND THREE (3) ADDITIONAL POLICE MOBILE FORCE UNITS TO TARABA STATE TO BEEF UP SECURITY IN THE TWO (2) STATES, PREVENT FURTHER ATTACKS, ARREST PERPETRATORS AND CARRYOUT DISCREET INVESTIGATION INTO THE OFFA BANKS ROBBERY IN KWARA STATE AND RECENT KILLINGS IN TARABA STATE. Read more
- PRESS BRIEFING REARREST OF TWO PRINCIPAL SUSPECTS (KABIRU SEIDU A.K.A OSAMA, NUHU SALISU A.K.A SMALL) WHOSE CONFESSION INDICTED SENATOR DINO MELAYE AND MOHAMMED AUDU AND FOUR OTHER SUSPECTS THAT ESCAPED FROM LAWFUL CUSTODY AT THE POLICE ‘A’ DIVISION, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE ON 28TH MARCH, 2018. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE RE: RELEASE OF LAST DAPCHI SCHOOL GIRL · IGP MISQUOTED Read more