Zone 2 Police Command located in the South-western geopolitical zone of Nigeria Comprises of Lagos and Ogun states. As at the time of collating this report, the zone was headed by AIG. Mbu Joseph Mbu. The entire zone has a Population of about 12,741,632 based on the 2006 population Census figures and combined police strength of 67,757 officers and men.
Lagos state according to the 2006 National population census figure has an estimated population of about 9,013,534 covering the 20 local government areas with a staff Strength of 29,122 Police Officers. Ogun state has an estimated population of 3,728,089. According to the 2006 Population census figure and staff strength of about 7,107 Police Officers.
In the year under review, Lagos State Police Command developed an intelligence driven crime combating Strategy under the mission Statement captioned "Zero level tolerance for crime", poised to rid the state of criminal elements and criminality and formulate strategies for better proactive & more effective policing. This strategy so formulated also measures the command’s existing state of security and cushions the vehicular patrol system while also strengthens the pin-down points particularly of border towns to withstand the sophistication of criminal activities being perpetrated. In the same vein, information technology training programmes was put in place to enable officers and men meet up with the current trend in the world and bring crime to its barest minimum.
Ogun state arrested 2,183 Suspects out of which 333 were Armed Robbery Suspects. In the same vein, the following items were recovered; 146 assorted rifles, 3,939 assorted ammunition, 246 vehicles of various models and the sum of ₦131,602,502 worth of property. Generally zone 2 area command experienced a great level of tranquility throughout the year under review.
* Insufficient fund
* Lack of electricity
* Insufficient Operational Vehicles
* Lack of barrack accommodation
* Lack of medical facilities and shortage of medical staff and drugs
* Shortage of Kit
* Lack of Arms & ammunitions
* Lack of bullet proof Jackets
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 2 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, LAGOS 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
NOTE: The above represent manpower wastage for ONLY ZONE 2 Command Headquarters excluding constituent command being Lagos and Ogun police state commands.
- PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT ORDERS IGP TO MOVE TO BENUE STATE TO RESTORE LAW AND ORDER AND PREVENT FURTHER LOSS OF LIVES AND ATTACKS IN GUMA AND LOGO LGAS OF THE STATE Read more
- PRESS RELEASE RE: RECENT KILLINGS IN GUMA AND LOGO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS IN BENUE STATE AND CROSS OVER NIGHT KILLINGS IN OMOKU AND YESTERDAY KILLINGS IN ANDONI RIVERS STATE Read more
- PRESS RELEASE RE - CHRISTMAS: POLICE BEEF UP SECURITY NATIONWIDE Read more
- PRESS RELEASE PARADE OF THIRTY (30) VICIOUS AND NOTORIOUS KIDNAP FOR RANSOM/ARMED ROBBERY/CATTLE RUSTLING GANGS INCLUDING SUSPECTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE KIDNAP AND KILLING OF A PORTUGUESE EXPATRAITE ATTACHED TO DANGOTE GROUP OF COMPANY ALONG OBAJANA, KABBA ROAD, KOGI STATE AND TWO POLICEMEN ATTACHED TO THE EXPATRAITE BY CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD, FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER AT THE KOGI STATE POLICE COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, LOKOJA, ON 27TH DECEMBER, 2017. Read more