Zone 2 Police Command located in the South-western geopolitical zone of Nigeria Comprises of Lagos and Ogun states. As at the time of collating this report, the zone was headed by AIG. Mbu Joseph Mbu. The entire zone has a Population of about 12,741,632 based on the 2006 population Census figures and combined police strength of 67,757 officers and men.
Lagos state according to the 2006 National population census figure has an estimated population of about 9,013,534 covering the 20 local government areas with a staff Strength of 29,122 Police Officers. Ogun state has an estimated population of 3,728,089. According to the 2006 Population census figure and staff strength of about 7,107 Police Officers.
In the year under review, Lagos State Police Command developed an intelligence driven crime combating Strategy under the mission Statement captioned "Zero level tolerance for crime", poised to rid the state of criminal elements and criminality and formulate strategies for better proactive & more effective policing. This strategy so formulated also measures the command’s existing state of security and cushions the vehicular patrol system while also strengthens the pin-down points particularly of border towns to withstand the sophistication of criminal activities being perpetrated. In the same vein, information technology training programmes was put in place to enable officers and men meet up with the current trend in the world and bring crime to its barest minimum.
Ogun state arrested 2,183 Suspects out of which 333 were Armed Robbery Suspects. In the same vein, the following items were recovered; 146 assorted rifles, 3,939 assorted ammunition, 246 vehicles of various models and the sum of ₦131,602,502 worth of property. Generally zone 2 area command experienced a great level of tranquility throughout the year under review.
* Insufficient fund
* Lack of electricity
* Insufficient Operational Vehicles
* Lack of barrack accommodation
* Lack of medical facilities and shortage of medical staff and drugs
* Shortage of Kit
* Lack of Arms & ammunitions
* Lack of bullet proof Jackets
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 2 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, LAGOS 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
NOTE: The above represent manpower wastage for ONLY ZONE 2 Command Headquarters excluding constituent command being Lagos and Ogun police state commands.
- PRESS RELEASE RE: 1,260 POLICEMEN FROM SOUTH WEST PROTEST TRANSFER TO NORTHERN STATES Read more
- PRESS RELEASE ARREST OF NIGER DELTA MILITANT PLANNING TO BOMB THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE IN LAGOS, RECOVERY OF CARTONS OF EXPLOSIVE DEVICES AND DETONATORS AND TWO (2) AK 47 RIFLES Read more
- FLAG OFF OF OPERATION HARMONY TO RESTORE LASTING PEACE TO KAFANCHAN AND ENVIRONS OF KADUNA STATE BY THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, IGP IBRAHIM K. IDRIS NPM,MNI, REPRESENTED BY THE DIG DEPARTMENT OF OPERATIONS, DIG HABILA JOSHAK. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE CHRISTMAS – NIGERIA POLICE FORCE BEEFS UP SECURITY NATIONWIDE AIGS & CPS TO STRENGTHEN CRIME PREVENTION STRATEGIES IN THEIR COMMANDS Read more