Zone 3 police Command is located in the North-Eastern Geo-political zone of Nigeria Comprises of Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba states. The Zone consists of the following sub-departments `A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ ‘D’, ‘F’ and `G’ with each performing its schedule of functions enumerated in part III of Police Regulations 1968. As at the time of putting up this report, the zone was headed by AIG Mohammed J. Abubakar, fwc. The entire zone has a total population of 7,822,716 based on the 2006 population Census figure and combined police staff strength of about 16,900 officers and men.
Adamawa state according to the 2006 National Population Census figure has an estimated population of 3,168,101 covering the 21 Local Government areas with a police staff strength of about 6,958 officers.
Gombe state according to the 2006 National Population Census figure has an estimated population of 2,353,879 and police staff strength of 3,986 officers and men as at the time of putting up this report.
Taraba state according to the 2006 Population Census figure has an estimated population of 2,300,736 covering the 16 Local Government areas and a staff strength of about 5,605 police officers.
The command Headquarters, Yola itself comprises of 28 Senior Police Officers, 46 inspectors and 187 Rank and File totaling 263 police personnel in all. The achievements of the zonal command during the period under review have increased tremendously especially in the area of crime prevention. Offences like Robbery, Homicide and other related offences have been brought down to the barest minimum. Also, cordial relationship between the police and other sister agencies was highly fostered by all commands in the zone.
* Insufficiency of Residential Accommodation.
* Bad Road network to link the police Headquarters to the main road.
* Insufficiency of vehicles for patrol.
* Inadequacy of welfare for personnel.
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 3 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, LAGOS 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
- PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT ORDERS IGP TO MOVE TO BENUE STATE TO RESTORE LAW AND ORDER AND PREVENT FURTHER LOSS OF LIVES AND ATTACKS IN GUMA AND LOGO LGAS OF THE STATE Read more
- PRESS RELEASE RE: RECENT KILLINGS IN GUMA AND LOGO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS IN BENUE STATE AND CROSS OVER NIGHT KILLINGS IN OMOKU AND YESTERDAY KILLINGS IN ANDONI RIVERS STATE Read more
- PRESS RELEASE RE - CHRISTMAS: POLICE BEEF UP SECURITY NATIONWIDE Read more
- PRESS RELEASE PARADE OF THIRTY (30) VICIOUS AND NOTORIOUS KIDNAP FOR RANSOM/ARMED ROBBERY/CATTLE RUSTLING GANGS INCLUDING SUSPECTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE KIDNAP AND KILLING OF A PORTUGUESE EXPATRAITE ATTACHED TO DANGOTE GROUP OF COMPANY ALONG OBAJANA, KABBA ROAD, KOGI STATE AND TWO POLICEMEN ATTACHED TO THE EXPATRAITE BY CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD, FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER AT THE KOGI STATE POLICE COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, LOKOJA, ON 27TH DECEMBER, 2017. Read more