Zone 5 police command located in the South-south Geo-political zone of Nigeria comprises of Bayelsa, Edo and Delta states. As at the time of collating this report, the flag of the Zone was steered by AIG Musa A. Daura, NPM, mni.
The entire zone has a population of about 9,020,081 based on the 2006 population census figure and combined police staff strength of about 22,221 officers and men.
The zonal Headquarters, Benin is the administrative base for the other states. It is situated at Adesuwa Grammar school Road, Benin-city.
Edo state according to the 2006 census figure has an estimated population of 3,218,332 spread over the 15 local government areas and police staff strength of about 10,276 officers and men while Delta state has an estimated population of 3,218,332 spread over the 25 local government area and a police staff strength of about 6,719 police officers.
Bayelsa state however has an estimated population of 1,703,358 spread over the eight local government areas and a combined Police Staff strength of 4,551 officers.
In the year under review, laudable results were arrived at as a result of proactive measures taken by the zone to checkmate and reduce criminal activities. Available results indicate that cases of Armed Robbery, Murder, Kidnapping, Obtaining money under False Pretence, high scale Fraud and Arson were greatly reduced in comparison with previous years. This was as a result of consistent vehicular patrols in all the nooks and crannies of the command.
* Insufficiency of Logistics and Equipments.
* Inadequacy of communication Gadgets.
* Lack of Office equipments.
* Insufficiency of Barracks accommodation.
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 5 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, BENIN 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
- PRESS RELEASE RE: POLICE OFFICERS, JUDGES MOST CORRUPT IN NIGERIA – NBS IGP ASSURES NIGERIANS AND INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY OF SUSTAINED EFFORTS BASED ON INTERNATIONAL CORE VALUES OF POLICING WITH INTEGRITY AND THE DETERMINATION OF THE FORCE TO SHUN CORRUPTION AND BRIBERY IN ALL ITS RAMIFICATIONS. ·NIGERIA POLICE OFFICERS NOT CORRUPT AS ALLEGED Read more
- PRESS RELEASE IGP SET UP SPECIAL INVESTIGATION PANEL TO INVESTIGATE COMPLAINTS AND PETITIONS ON ALLEGATIONS THAT POLICE OFFICERS PAY BRIBE FOR SPECIAL PROMOTION Read more
- PRESS RELEASE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, IGP IBRAHIM K. IDRIS NPM, MNI IN MOROCCO FOR A FOUR-DAY OFFICIAL WORKING VISIT · SAYS IT’S TO EXCHANGE SECURITY INFORMATION Read more
- NIGERIA POLICE FORCE MOURNS LATE AIG PIUS UEBARI IMUE · DESCRIBE THE DEATH AS A GREAT LOSS TO THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE Read more