Zone 5 police command located in the South-south Geo-political zone of Nigeria comprises of Bayelsa, Edo and Delta states. As at the time of collating this report, the flag of the Zone was steered by AIG Musa A. Daura, NPM, mni.
The entire zone has a population of about 9,020,081 based on the 2006 population census figure and combined police staff strength of about 22,221 officers and men.
The zonal Headquarters, Benin is the administrative base for the other states. It is situated at Adesuwa Grammar school Road, Benin-city.
Edo state according to the 2006 census figure has an estimated population of 3,218,332 spread over the 15 local government areas and police staff strength of about 10,276 officers and men while Delta state has an estimated population of 3,218,332 spread over the 25 local government area and a police staff strength of about 6,719 police officers.
Bayelsa state however has an estimated population of 1,703,358 spread over the eight local government areas and a combined Police Staff strength of 4,551 officers.
In the year under review, laudable results were arrived at as a result of proactive measures taken by the zone to checkmate and reduce criminal activities. Available results indicate that cases of Armed Robbery, Murder, Kidnapping, Obtaining money under False Pretence, high scale Fraud and Arson were greatly reduced in comparison with previous years. This was as a result of consistent vehicular patrols in all the nooks and crannies of the command.
* Insufficiency of Logistics and Equipments.
* Inadequacy of communication Gadgets.
* Lack of Office equipments.
* Insufficiency of Barracks accommodation.
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 5 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, BENIN 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
- WELCOME ADDRESS DELIVERED BY THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, IGP IBRAHIM KPOTUN IDRIS, NPM, MNI, DURING THE OPENING CEREMONY OF 2017 NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON FARMERS-PASTORALIST CLASHES, KIDNAPPING AND OTHER FORMS OF VIOLENT CRIMES AND BANK SECURITY IN NIGERIA. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE POLICE HELICOPTERS HOVERING AND RAPPELLING TO RESCUE EXERCISE AT THE 2017 NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT HOLDING AT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTRE (ICC), ABUJA ON 11TH AND 12TH MAY 2017. Read more
- INVITATION TO ATTEND THE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON KIDNAPPING, FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, VIOLENT CRIMES AND OTHER FORMS OF CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON RECURRING FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, KIDNAPPING AND OTHER FORMS OF VIOLENT CRIMES IN NIGERIA ORGANIZED BY OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF POLICE, NATIONAL COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS OF NIGERIA AND THE LEADERSHIP NEWSPAPERS GROUP Read more