Zone 6 police command located in the south-south Geopolitical zone of Nigeria also has Ebonyi one of the south-eastern states as a constituent member. The zonal command comprises of Akwa-ibom, Cross-River, Rivers and Ebonyi state. As at the time of putting up this report, the zone was headed by AIG Johnson Ogunsakin. The entire zone has a population of 14,168,075 based on the 2006 census figures and combined police staff strength of 35,141 officers and men. Akwa Ibom state according to the 2006 national population census figure has an estimated population of 3,920,208 covering the 31 local government areas with staff strength of 7,222 officers.
Cross-River state has an estimated population census figure of 2,888,966 covering the 17 local government areas and a staff strength of about 6,606 officers and men. River state has an estimated population of 5,185,400 covering the 23 Local Government areas with staff strength of about 17,207 police officers.
Ebonyi state has an estimated population of 2173,501 covering the 12 local government areas and a staff strength of about 3,561 police officers. Zone 6 command however comprises of a population of 546 personnel. Within the period under review, remarkable achievements were recorded in the areas of crime prevention and detection, and effective supervision of state as well as commands, mediating and settling communal clashes and a host of other ground breaking achievements.
Landmark achievements were also recorded in the area of curbing crimes such like Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, Cultism, Murder, youth restiveness and other related offences to the barest minimum.
* Insufficiency of funds
* Lack of serviceable Arms and Ammunition
* Lack of Riot equipments
* Insufficiency of accommodation for officers and men
* Lack of serviceable vehicles such as patrol vans, Lorries, Heavy duty trucks etc.
* Lack of medical facilities and shortage of medical staff and drugs
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 6 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, CALABAR, 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
- PRESS RELEASE RE: NIGERIA POLICE PERSONNEL PROTEST NON-PAYMENT OF SALARIES Read more
- PRESS RELEASE RE: MORE ROT IN POLICE EXPOSED - CRIME FIGHTER BOSS Read more
- PRESS BRIEFING PARADE OF SUSPECTED VICIOUS AND NOTORIOUS KIDNAPPING/ARMED ROBBERY GANGS, TERRORIZING BIRNIN GWARI – FUNTUA, BIRNIN GWARI – KADUNA, ABUJA- KADUNA AND KADUNA – KANO HIGHWAYS BY CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, ON 4TH OCTOBER, 2017, AT JERE DIVISIONAL HEADQUARTERS, KADUNA STATE Read more
- PRESS RELAESE IGP ORDERS MASSIVE DEPLOYMENT OF POLICE PERSONNEL THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY TO ENSURE HITCH FREE 2017 NIGERIA INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION Read more