Zone 7 Police Command located in the North central Geo-political Zone of Nigeria has the Northern Kaduna state as one of its constituent. The Zonal command comprises of FCT, NIGER and KADUNA states. As at the time of compiling this report, the Zone was headed by AIG. Patrick D. Dokumor. The entire Zone has a population of about 11,422,012 based on the 2006 census figures and combined police strength of 34,515 Officers and Men.
In the year under review, remarkable achievements were recorded as a result of proactive measure taken by the Zone to checkmate and reduce criminal activities. Available data has it that cases of Armed Robbery, Culpable Homicide, Rape and Attempted Murder reported through petition during the period under review were very low.
FCT Police Command arrested 1,613 persons in connection with the 1,873 cases reportedly charged to court. 1,025 convicted and 558 awaiting trial. Also recovered were 34 arms of different types, 51 locally made pistols with 4,687 rounds of ammunition and 162 vehicles. Properties worth ₦400,980,580.00 were recovered.
Niger state police command arrested 2,784 persons in connection with the 2,023 cases reported in the period under review. 2,069 persons were prosecuted, 967 out of those prosecuted were convicted, 2 acquitted while 1,100 persons are awaiting trial. Meanwhile, 715 persons are under investigation while properties worth ₦13,218,470.00 were recovered.
Kaduna state police command arrested 1,095 persons in connection with the 923 reported cases. 806 persons were convicted, 1,336 persons are awaiting trial, 1,095 persons were under investigation while Properties worth ₦96,436,982.07 were recovered. 37 Arms, 8 motor vehicles, 29 motorcycles and 446 dangerous weapons were equally recovered.
* Insufficiency of Barracks accommodation
* Inadequate operational vehicles
* Insufficient funds
* Communication Gadgets
* Office equipment.
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 7 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA, 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
- PRESS RELEASE RE- WITHDRAWAL OF AIDE- DE-CAMP (ADC) TO HIS EXCELLENCY, CHIEF WILLIE OBIANO, GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE Read more
- PRESS BRIEFING PARADE OF SUSPECTED VICIOUS AND NOTORIOUS KIDNAP FOR RANSOM, ARMED ROBBERY, CAR SNATCHING AND COCAINE DEALER GANG, DEATH OF TWO(2) SUSPECTED KIDNAPPERS AND RECOVERY OF ARMS AND AMMUNITION FROM SUSPECTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF A YOUTH LEADER “HARUNA MAIKUDI MAIKAJI” IN SABON GAYAN VILLAGE IN KADUNA STATE BY CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, AT SABON GAYAN VILLAGE 14TH NOVEMBER, 2017. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE SECURITY ARRANGEMENT FOR ANAMBRA STATE GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION Read more
- RE: I’M FREE TO HAVE ROMANTIC AFFAIR WITH ANY POLICEWOMAN – IG Read more