Zone 8 police command with its Headquarters in Lokoja comprises of Kogi, Kwara and Ekiti states. As at the time of compiling this report, the zone was headed by AIG Christopher Dega, fwc. The entire zone has a population of about 8,033,788 based on the 2006 census figures and a combined strength of 12,320 Officers and Men.
Kogi state according to the 2006 National population census figure has an estimated population of 3,278,478 covering the 21 local Government areas with police staff strength of about 4,035 police Officers.
Kwara state has an estimated population of 2,374,089 constituting about 1.694% of the total population covering the 15 Local Government areas with Police staff strength of about 4,325 Officers.
Ekiti state has an estimated population of 2,384,212 constituting about 1.703% of the total population covering 16 Local Government areas with Poilce staff strength of about 3,759 police officers.
In the year under review, Kogi state command recorded a total of 359 reported cases out of which 183 cases were convicted, 150 cases are awaiting trial, 59 cases charged to court, 5 closed and 14 cases under investigation. The command also recorded stolen properties worth ₦119, 834,764 while properties worth ₦56, 453,441 were recovered. Kwara state recorded a total number of 2,590 reported cases which shows an increase of 62 cases when compared with a total of 2,528 cases reported in 2011. It is pertinent to note that 1,340 suspects were arrested in connection with the reported cases. The value of property lost stood at about ₦1.1 Billion while value properties recovered were worth ₦198 Million. Twenty one assorted arms and 40 rounds of the ammunition were also recovered.
Ekiti state recorded a total number of 72 cases as compared to that of 2011 which was 262 cases. No case was refused, however, 62 cases were charged to court, 32 cases gained conviction, 10 cases were discharged, 15 cases are awaiting trial at various courts while 5 cases are under investigation. This could not have been possible without the support of competent officers of the commands
* Insufficient funds
* Insufficient operational vehicles
* Insufficient barracks accommodation
* Insufficient Arms and Ammunitions
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 8 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA, 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
- SHIFT IN DATE OF CONVENING OF THE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON KIDNAPPING, FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, VIOLENT CRIMES AND OTHER FORMS OF CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA: Read more
- SUDDEN DEMISE OF CP FRANCIS MOBOLAJI ODESANYA Read more
- IGP APPOINTS CSP JIMOH O. MOSHOOD AS THE SUBSTANTIVE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (FPRO) Read more
- PRESS RELEASE ARREST OF NOTORIOUS KIDNAPPERS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE KIDNAP FOR RANSOM GANG RESPONSIBLE FOR THE KIDNAP OF FIVE (5) TURKISH SCHOOL CHILDREN AND THREE (3) MEMBERS OF STAFF AND RECOVERY OF ONE MILLION TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA RANSOM MONEY Read more